What do we do?
The Kenyan Kids Foundation Canada has a mandate to relieve poverty in Kenya by helping people to become more self-sufficient in the following areas:
- Advance education by providing scholarships to students of need to attend day school
- Provide assistance with the delivery of early childhood education
- Advance education of students by providing books and other learning materials
- Health and well-being
- Assist in the operation of clinics and medical facilities that will provide medical care
- Educate the public about basic health, hygiene and sanitation and help provide access to clean drinking water
- Educate and provide skills in agriculture and farming practices
- Empowering people to move themselves out of situations of poverty
- Supporting people’s right to make their own choices about their lives and that of their communities
- A foundation of development at a personal and community level
- Holistic problem-solving
- Examining the roots of struggles and problems
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”
- Development which is self-sustaining and has a long-term vision
Where are we going?
The Kenyan Kids Foundation Canada is in the process of becoming a Canadian registered charity, hopefully in early 2014. While the goals of the organization are broad-based, the board and key supporters will refine focus areas for the near future.